Monday, January 17, 2005

"This Is Called Snow"

The other day my niece and nephew, (3 year-old twins), asked me about snow while I was visiting with them in South Florida. Thinking NYC was going to get hit with a winter blast yesterday, I promised to snap off a few pictures when I arrived back north and shoot them off via email. This way the two of them could enjoy their first pictures of actual snow. I like being their their conduit to new things. Photos will have to do until they're old enough to come visit.

Unfortunately, the snow never developed, at least not here in the city. So, not wanting to disappoint Yosi and Adina, I scanned in some pics I took a few years back. One particular blizzard that season cried out for photos. The snow actually stayed bright white for more than an hour before doing it's urban transformation to beige, brown or, even worse,
to yellow. I borrowed my friend's Minolta and set out for the park to capture the moment.

The forest was like a fairyland. Sure, while growing up in Western Mass. I enjoyed this kind of scenery all the time. But here? The quiet whiteness blanketed
everything. I had never seen anything like it. I needed to get out more.

Here's what I came up with. Enjoy.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home